Welcome to the Kane Lab.
Welcome to the Kane Lab. We have a number of main research foci and enjoy collaborating with people on interesting problems. If you would like to learn more about what the lab does, have common interest and would like to discuss a potential collaboration or would just like to talk about how you might approach a problem, please contact Dr. Maureen A. Kane, Ph.D.
Kane Lab Areas of Interest include:
- Mass spectrometry to interrogate biological problems
- Retinoid (vitamin A) metabolism and active metabolite (retinoic acid) signaling
- Biomarker discovery, quantification, and validation
- Mass spectrometry imaging
- Bioanalysis for pharmacokinetic (PK) studies
- Quantitative mass spectrometry assay development and validation
- Collaborations pertaining to metabolism, metabolite signaling, lipid profiling and lipid signaling, biomarkers, drugs and drug metabolites
The Kane Lab is a Member of the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy Mass Spectrometry Center. Dr. Kane is the Executive Director of the Mass Spectrometry Center and heads the areas of metabolite quantification, metabolomics, and mass spectrometry imaging. Dr. Kane also leads several collaborative efforts focused on biomarker discovery, quantification, and validation in drug development efforts. For consultations or collaborations please contact Dr. Kane.
Copyright © 2017 University of Maryland School of Pharmacy