Jimmy (James) Leonard, PharmD, DABAT, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Practice, Sciences, and Health Outcomes Research at the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy and Director of Clinical Services of the Maryland Poison Center
Jimmy (James) Leonard, PharmD, DABAT
Associate Professor, Department of Practice, Sciences, and Health Outcomes Research
Director of Clinical Services, Maryland Poison Center
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
220 Arch St.
Baltimore, MD 21201 Email: email@example.com
Postdoctoral – Accepting applicants
Fellowship information: https://mdpoison.com/healthcareprofessionals/fellowship.html
Clinical Toxicology Fellowship, Maryland Poison Center
ASHP Accredited Residency, Providence St. Peter Hospital, Olympia, Wash.
PharmD, Washington State University
Practice and Research Interests
Toxicoepidemiology, poisoning prevention, antidote use
- Evaluation of cannabis exposures reported to Maryland Poison Center after legal changes
- Assessment of the reliability of stated dose in acetaminophen overdose
- Use of fomepizole in acetaminophen poisoning
- Laudone TW, Leonard JB, Hines EQ, Seung H, Klein-Schwartz W. Changes in unintentional cannabis exposures in children 6 months to 5 years reported to United States poison centers during the first nine months of the coronavirus-19 pandemic. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2022 Apr 26. DOI: 10.1080/15563650.2022.2064867
- Leonard JB, Minhaj FS*, Paterson E, Klein-Schwartz W. Exposures in pregnant patients reported to United State poison centers. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2022 Mar;60(3):356-361. DOI: 10.1080/15563650.2021.1968420.
- Minhaj FS*, Leonard JB. Evaluation of level of care for toxic alcohol ingestions receiving fomepizole: a case series. Am J Emerg Med. 2021 Mar 9:S0735-6757(21)00202-3. DOI: 10.1016/j.ajem.2021.03.016